W hen our country got freedom, we had limited infrastructural facilities to conduct the state –of – the art research in science and Technology. But in spite of that Indian Scientists and Technologists made breakthroughs in various fields for the growth and betterment of the nation. Agricultural scientists made invaluable progress in crop production, which ultimately led to the Green Revolution. Simultaneously, we ushered in the white revolution, making our country the largest producer of milk. Besides, Indian scientists and technologists have achieved great success in space research. Within a few years, India became self- sufficient in space research, which can be substantiated by wholly indigenous successful projects like Chandrayan to explore Moon and Mangalayan to explore Mars. Moreover, in 2017, India broke the record by launching 104 satellites from a single rocket. Additionally, Indian scientists have also shown their competence in nuclear research. Infant mortality has gone down almost half of what it was 70 years ago. Average life expectancy has gone up by more than 30 years. The pharmaceutical industry of India has flourished and is ranked fourth in the world. Today, Indians are dictating terms in global IT industry. In spite of all the success stories, we are at the doorsteps of several formidable challenges. Only innovative and better translational scientific research can rescue us from the current obstacles. Studies have reported that, by 2030, India’s demand for food grains would be around 300 million tonnes, which is an increase of about 27% since 2010. Initiatives, such as the ones undertaken by the Government of India through the digital India programme are uplifting the current state of farming. However, significant breakthroughs in the field of Biotechnology and Agricultural Sciences are still required to achieve India’s full potential. India still lacks in other manufacturing industries, a problem that needs our immediate attention. A significant technological intervention will be the key to realizing this dream. Most importantly, more innovative and out of the box measures have to be undertaken to come up with smaller, smarter and cheaper technology that will be able to reach every Indian. At the 14th session of JK Science Congress, Scientists and technologists from all over India, which include eminent Scientist and senior researchers, will discuss different issues related to growth and progress of future. All of us are looking forward to a brighter future for our nation with the contribution of the Scientists and Technologist.
Scope & areas/discipline to be covered (thrust Areas):
- Agriculture, Forests and other vegetation
- Anthropological and Behavioural Sciences and its linkages to climate change
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical and physical sciences
- Climate, finance and trade nexus
- Disaster Management with special reference to floods and earth quakes
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Effect of Climate Change on Ecosystems and Biodiversity
- Food and Water Security under Climate Change
- Green Renewable and sustainable energy
- Mathematical Sciences
- Medical and Pharmaceutical sciences
- Social, political and Human dimensions of Climate Change
- Participants can contribute papers for Oral/Poster presentation or can register only for attending the science congress.
- The Registration and Abstract submission is completely online;
- For regstration, directly visit the website www.l4jKsc.in or visit university website www.Jammuuniversity.in .
- Payment shall be made online or through RTGS mode on website of Jk science congress, Onspot Cash payment against receipt at registation Counter. Fees paid online gets automatically reconciled.
- The participants after registration can download their filled up registration for their reference and record.
- Abstracts of around 250 words of the original research work along with 5 to 7 keywords can be uploaded after successful online Registration;
- Last Date for submission of Abstracts is 14thAugust 2019
- Abstracts will be processed only on receiptof Registration fee;
- The acceptance of the abstracts and mode of presentation (Oral/ Poster) will be uploaded on the website through of the sciencecongress.
- LCD facility shall be provided for the oral presentations.
- The posters can have maximum size of 1 x 1/2 meter. Space for fixing the accepted posters shall be provided
- Accommodation can be provided only if the request along with payment in the form of depositing payment through online mode at the website.